Monday, May 7, 2012

"Final" James and Christian Illustration

It is finally "complete"-the digital illustration of James and Christian from the Infinite Spiral comic world I'll be launching this summer. The painting was completed using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, using a ton of layers, painting, and layer effects to get the look of the final piece.


Really, there is more detailing that could be done, but it is time I moved on to a new project. I'm really very happy with how this turned out. If I swing back around to it, I plan to add the facing library level where the blue space is now.

Also, as Photoshop CS 5.1 turns reverts my settings, digital inking was done using select tools. I'll be sure to hand ink for now in the future, as the brush pen gets better results.

I also did another treatment of the pair today, which is a rough experiment just using layer effects:



This is an attempt to visual the "magic" they use.  The story already has a strong association with Aurora Borealis type lights, from Gavin's view of spirits to Rory's perception of other realities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Imaginings by Kristy


View more personalized gifts from Zazzle.