Monday, April 16, 2012

So many books

It has been awhile since I updated on the progress of my Christian and James illustration-in large part due to the fact that I just haven't had the time to dedicate to it. 

I had spent some time the previous week working on details of the floor and banister, adding light, and adjusting the far background.  Today, I focused on the books, as I knew this would be tedious, but one of those details that really starts to fill in the full environment.  So far, I've created and modified a Vector Smart Object, using Illustrator, the perspective grid, and layers and layers of blends.  I'm going to paint over the books to fill in the details, and blend it with what is going on with the image.  However, adding the books with some gradient overlays and shadowing does a lot to bring the environment to life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Imaginings by Kristy


View more personalized gifts from Zazzle.