Friday, May 18, 2012

Rory Perkins, the Substitute: Infinite Spiral


I tried an experiment with Vector Line Art in Adobe Illustrator today. I like the clean result, but not how much time that took. I'll have to speed up my methods if I want to use it for comicking. (I will also have to, have to, HAVE TO study hands and FEET!)

The result is a refined costume/ character design for Aurora (better known as Rory) Elizabeth Perkins, an abdal, or substitute/walker/Nameless One, in Infinite Spiral (so much better than a bunch of others I have tried, though I bet I learn to despise those stripes). She is one of the main characters, and becomes inextricably tied to James (and therefore Christian). Also, she occasionally uses gravity.



So, my idea was I wanted to have a kind of in joke with Dawn/Aurora in her color scheme, but I also wanted her to clearly stick out as "odd" when she awakens in James and Christian's world. She's more or less from our world, so that alone helps. Orange shoes and jeans are hurting there either. The other point of that is to dress her up--she looks normal (to us), except for that white streak of hair and violet eyes. She is not defined as a Wicked Child, as she is purely human, but transformed.

Not pictured is her bag of never-ending-stuff. She carries a messenger bag around stuffed with all kinds of odd-ball kid things, which proves to be useful if a bit eccentric.

If I say any more there will be spoilers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Imaginings by Kristy


View more personalized gifts from Zazzle.