Monday, May 14, 2012

Allie: Infinite Spiral Character Design

I guess I got on a roll yesterday.  Allison "Allie" Collins has a bit part in the intro to Infinite Spiral, but is actually a more significant character down the line. How you will have to discover by reading.




She is a resident of the Asylum for Wicked Children, and is probably the only character that can compete with Christian in shear ... mischievous joy? She loves apples, tends to carry too much at once while trying to eat apples she has stole from the cafeteria, and deviates from the norm by wearing trousers in a world where girls just don't do that sort of thing. She is also one of the oldest residents, and barring a sudden Illumination, will be given the label "human" and released from the Asylum into the world.

Although the sketch is rough, this is one of my better personality captures.  The gestures really need to show the personalities as much as faces. I'm there with Christian and quite a bit Rory (darn her costuming challenges). James is too stiff, but I guess he is a stuff character in some ways.  I need to worry less about these details looking perfect at this stage, and focus on the gesture of the characters.  I think that is still hard with this group on account of my history with many of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Imaginings by Kristy


View more personalized gifts from Zazzle.