Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Beginning

I've been quiet this week, in large part because I've been getting a start on Infinite Spiral.  I happy to be providing a sneak peek today of the cover and first two prologue pages.  Within the next couple weeks, I'll be looking to start the official site, and updates will be continued there, leaving this blog more from other art and process pieces (one of which will be coming this week based on the cover I'm sharing today).

When Rory Perkins sets out to catch fireflies one evening, little does she know her curiosity will cause her to leave her own world behind forever, journeying into the Infinite Spiral of realities. Transformed, and far from home, she finds companions in James Hartwell, a lonely boy with a forgotten past, and his brother-in-Name, Christian Rafferty, a charming trouble maker that seems to constantly drag the trio into a whirlwind of chaos. What will they find in the Infinite Spiral? What will find them as they travel through it?

Read more for the pages.



Infinite Spiral: Prologue 01 by ~novemberkris on deviantART


Infinite Spiral: Prologue 02 by ~novemberkris on deviantART

What's the deal with this story?  Well, I've wanted to tell it for a long time.  It is based on the paracosms my sister and I invented when we were kids, and some of the characters (and some new) that we filled the worlds with.  It may or may not make it a pseudo-autobiography, as some of the jokes and adventures are ripped straight from my childhood play.  Of course, it has been elaborated and the themes that fascinated me are being woven into the script more subtly than the knock on the head questions I'd pose when I was young.

It is huge in scope, but yet, I've missed this place.  It is my Never Land, and I'm excited to have a way to share it with others, hopefully inspiring some imaginary exploits and reflection along the way.  It is the essence of the kind of work I enjoy most ... the wild and whimsical kind of fantasy that if you look at the world just right, exists between the folds of the world we see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Imaginings by Kristy


View more personalized gifts from Zazzle.